2017 International Conference on Social Computing, Behavioral-Cultural Modeling & Prediction and Behavior Representation in Modeling and Simulation
July 5-8, 2017, Lehman Auditorium, George Washington University, Washington DC, USA
Accepted Full Papers
(A link to view the online copy of the Proceedings published by Springer may be found here
- Zhiwei Jin, Juan Cao, Han Guo, Yongdong Zhang, Yu Wang and Jiebo Luo. "Detection and Analysis of 2016 US Presidential Election Related Rumors on Twitter"
- Yu Wang. "Inferring Follower Preferences in the 2016 U.S. Presidential Primaries Using Sparse Learning"
- Juan Fernandez-Gracia, Jukka-Pekka Onnela, Michael Barnett, Victor M Eguiluz and Nicholas Christakis. "Spread of pathogens in the patient transfer network of US hospitals"
- Antonio Luca Alfeo, Mario Giovanni C.A. Cimino, Sara Egidi, Bruno Lepri, Alex Pentland and Gigliola Vaglini. "Stigmergy-based modeling to discover urban activity patterns from positioning data"
- Binxuan Huang and Kathleen Carley. "On Predicting Geolocation of Tweets using Convolutional Neural Network"
- Xuefeng Peng and Jiebo Luo. "Large-Scale Sleep Condition Analysis Using Selfies from Social Media"
- Adam Tse and Kathleen M. Carley. "Event-based Model Simulating the Change in DDoS Attack Trends after P/DIME Events"
- Geoffrey Dobson and Kathleen Carley. "Cyber-FIT: An Agent-Based Modelling Approach to Simulating Cyber Warfare"
- Amy Sliva, Sean Guarino, Peter Weyhrauch, Peter Galvin, Dan Mitchell, Joseph Campolongo and Jason Taylor. "Hybrid Modeling of Cyber Adversary Behavior"
- Aunshul Rege, Zoran Obradovic, Nima Asadi, Edward Parker, Nicholas Masceri, Brian Singer and Rohan Pandit. "Using a Real-Time Cybersecurity Exercise Case Study to Understand Temporal Characteristics of Cyberattacks"
- Samer Al-Khateeb, Muhammad Nihal Hussain and Nitin Agarwal. "Social Cyber Forensics Approach to Study Twitter’s and Blogs' Influence on Propaganda Campaigns"
- Peter Chew and Jessica Turnley. "Understanding Russian information operations using unsupervised multilingual topic modeling"
- Mohiuddin Solaimani, Sayeed Salam, Latifur Khan, Patrick Brandt and Vito D'Orazio. "Automatic Political Actor Recommendation in Real-Time"
- Marek Laskowski. "A Blockchain-Enabled Participatory Decision Support Framework"
- Alireza Hajibagheri, Gita Sukthankar and Kiran Lakkaraju. "Extracting Information from Negative Interactions in Multiplex Networks using Mutual Information"
- Xiaoran Yan, Shanghua Teng and Kristina Lerman. "Multi-layer Network Composition under a Unified Dynamical Process"
- Pål Sundsøy. "Predicting illiteracy with standard mobile phone logs"
- Ma Regina Justina E. Estuar, Rey Rodrigueza, John Noel Victorino, Marlene De Leon and John Clifford Rosales. "Agent-based Modeling Approach in Understanding Behavior during Disasters: Capturing and Measuring Response and Rescue Behavior in eBayanihan Disaster Management Platform"
- Fan Yang and Wen Dong. "Integrating Simulation and Signal Processing with Stochastic Social Kinetic Model"
- Nasrin Khansari, John Waldt, Barry Silverman, William Braham, Karen Shen and Jae Min Lee. "Simulating Population Behavior: Transportation Mode, Green Technology, and Global Warming"
- Peter Revay and Claudio Cioffi-Revilla. "Modeling the Co-Evolution of Culture, Signs and Network Structure"
- Yupeng Gu, Ting Chen, Yizhou Sun and Bingyu Wang. "Ideology Detection for Twitter Users via Link Analysis"
- Ericsson Marin, Ruocheng Guo and Paulo Shakarian. "Temporal Analysis of Influence to Predict Users' Adoption in Online Social Networks"
- Yang Qin, Weicheng Qian, Narjes Shojaati and Nathaniel Osgood. "Identifying Smoking using Smartphone Sensor Data and Multivariate Hidden Markov Models"
- Aydin Teyhouee, Sara McPhee-Knowles, Cheryl Waldner and Nathaniel Osgood. "Prospective Detection of Foodborne Illness Outbreaks Using Machine Learning Approaches"
- Xiaoyi Yuan and Andrew Crooks. "From Cyber Space Opinion Leaders and the Spread of Anti-Vaccine Extremism to Physical Space Disease Outbreaks"
- Chi-Hsien Yen, Yi-Chieh Lee and Wai-Tat Fu. "Improving the Efficiency of Allocating Crowd Donations with Agent-Based Simulation Model"
- Ansgar Depping. "'You all look the same to me.' An agent based simulation model of out-group homogeneity"
- Krishna Bathina, Aruna Jammalamadaka, Jiejun Xu and Tsai-Ching Lu. "An Agent-based Model of Posting Behavior During Times of Societal Unrest"
- Brian An, Riannon Hazell, Peter Grazaitis and Donald Brown. "Cultural Dimension Theory based Simulations for US Army personnel"
- Yashu Chen,"Civic Engagement within China: Exploring the Influence of Social Network Sites Use, Media Exposure, Internet Censorship, Political Attitudes and Social Capital"
- Sun-Ki Chai,"Social Theory, Intentionality, Machine Learning, and Predicting Human Action"
- Muhammad Nihal Hussain, Ghouri Mohammad Saaduddin and Nitin Agarwal, "Blog Data Analytics Using Blogtrackers"
- Stacy Irwin, Javad Maharramzade, Aaron Wheeler and Mark Wallace, "POLIS: Pattern of Life Integrated System"
- Santosh K C, Suman Kalyan Maity and Arjun Mukherjee. "ENWalk: Learning Network Features for Spam Detection in Twitter"
- Michael Martin, Christian Lebiere, Maryanne Fields and Craig Lennon. A Cognitive Model of Feature Selection and Categorization for Autonomous Systems
- Steven Munn, Kang-Yu Ni and Jiejun Xu. "Learning Network Dynamics from Tumblr: A Search for Influential Users"
- Yu Wang. "Gender Politics in the 2016 U.S. Presidential Election: A Computer Vision Approach"
- Farshad Salimi Naneh Karan and Subhadeep Chakraborty. "A parametric study of opinion progression in a divided society"
- Geoffrey P Morgan and Kathleen Carley. "Socio-cultural Cognitive Modeling"
- Jeremy Cole, Moojan Ghafurian and David Reitter. "Is Word Adoption a Grassroots Process? An Analysis of Reddit Communities"
- Dian Hu and David Broniatowski. "Measuring Perceived Causal Relationships Between Narrative Events with a Crowdsourcing Application on Mturk"
- Donald Brown, Hope McIntyre, Peter Grazaitis, Riannon Hazell and Nicolas Venuti. "Hyperparameter Optimization for Predicting the Tolerance Level of Religious Discourse"
- Feifei Zhang, Jennifer Stromer-Galley, Sikana Tanupabrungsun, Yatish Hegde, Nancy McCracken and Jeff Hemsley. "Understanding Discourse Acts: Political Campaign Messages Classification on Facebook and Twitter"
- Yafei Wang, David Reitter and John Yen. "How Emotional Support and Informational Support Relate to Linguistic Alignment"
- Lucas Overbey, Scott Batson, Jamie Lyle, Christopher Williams, Robert Regal and Lakeisha Williams. "Linking Twitter Sentiment and Event Data to Monitor Public Opinion of Geopolitical Developments and Trends"
2016 Challenge Winner
- Erika Frydenlund and Jose J. Padilla. "The toll of time on refugee identity: Perspectives from agent-based modeling and simulation"