Frequently Asked Questions
- Are there SBP-BRiMS hashtags?
- Yes. Use #sbpbrims or #sbpbrims18. (Note: only #sbpbrims will be shown on the conference website timeline.)
- How can I get involved?
- Send email to email@example.com and say what you are interested in doing - e.g. being a topic chair, reviewing papers,
getting industry participation, running a workshop etc. Submit a paper, demo, tutorial, etc.
- Is there a list of volunteer activities?
- Can I get a letter to support my Visa Application?
- Yes. To get such a letter email firstname.lastname@example.org and request the letter.
Please note the dates needed. In addition, if you are giving a paper, a
poster or submitting a challenge response mention that so we can add it
to the letter. If the letter needs to be addressed to someone in
particular, please provide that information.
- Can I attend only the tutorials?
- Yes. There is a charge for attending the tutorials. You can pay just
to attend a tutorial. We would like to see you at the conference too if
your schedule allows. Hence there is a discount for the tutorials for
- How long is my talk?
- If you have a long paper your talk is 25 minutes and the questions after are 5 minutes. Do not talk over the 25 minutes. You do not need to have a poster.
- If you have a short paper that appears in the physical proceedings, then your talk is 12 minutes and there are 3 minutes for questions. Do not talk over the 12 minutes. You do not need to have a poster.
- If you have a short paper, such as a late breaking paper, that appears only in the on-line proceedings - then you do not present a paper you only present your poster at the reception/poster session on Wednesday evening. You need a poster.
- What is a no-host reception?
- A no-host reception is a social gathering where each person is responsible for paying for their own food and drink. The conference organizers arranged a venue - but no food or drinlk is covered.
- If I am giving a presentation do I need to also create a poster?
- Only if you are the winner of the challenge event.
- I am presenting a poster, what do I need?
- You are responsible for printing and bringing your own poster to the conference. An easel will be provided, but not posterboard.
The poster should be either 4’x3’ or 3’x4’.